Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Soap Dish: Cast Shake-Ups At The Young & The Restless

It is Soap Dish time again my friends and this week I am dishing all about the cast shake-ups at The Young & The Restless. It has been quite a couple of weeks for the hit CBS soap and I have lots to say about it.

The comings and goings at Y&R have been in full force. Soap vet Genie Francis was let go. Although it is being touted as budget reasons and storyline reasons there are rumors that the powers that be at CBS didn’t mesh with the Emmy winning actress. Personally Genie is one of the reasons I started watching Y&R again and I think she rocks. Next up Debbie Morgan was axed. She broke the news herself via Twitter. Word on the street was the actress and her character never caught on with the fans. I have to say I don’t necessarily disagree with this outing, love Debbie but it wasn’t a good fit. Then there was the firing of Lindsay Bushman. That is right Summer Newman is out but that doesn’t mean she won’t be replaced. If you follow Lindsay on Twitter you know what I mean by that.

Those are of course the two major firings but there are more people saying good-bye to Genoa City. Marcy Ryan decided to leave the show, which I think is a big loss for the show. Julia PAce Mitchell was bumped to recurring status. We all know that is just one step away from being fired in the TV world. Given that there is a new executive producer these shake-ups were bound to happen but that doesn’t mean they are all bad. Nope Eric Braeden has inked a new deal with the soap and Jess Walton is all set to reprise the role of Jill. Both of those are fabulous for the show in my opinion.

All these comings and goings are hot on the heels of some serious behind the scenes changes. It all makes me wonder what the heck is going on at The Young & The Restless. Given that the soap world is in dire straits my guess is the powers that being are dong whatever they can to save the show from the fate as so many others.

That is it for this week’s edition of Soap Dish be sure to check back next week to see what I am dishing about.

Photo: PR Photos


Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/RightCelebrity/~3/5Lvid8_C0AY/

Haylie Duff Heidi Klum Heidi Montag Hilarie Burton Hilary Duff

No comments:

Post a Comment