Sunday, July 6, 2014

Robin Thicke opens up about Split with Wife Paula Patton in Radio Interview (Video)

Robin Thicke opened up about the split from his wife, Paula Patton. In a Hot 97 radio interview the R&B music superstar whose new album ‘Paula’ is about her spoke with candor about what went wrong in the marriage and the ways in which he holds himself responsible for it.




The 37-year-old R&B music superstar spoke at length in the interview with New York City radio station Hot 97 about the dissolution of his marriage to 38-year-old actress Paula Patton and shared details previously kept private.

Robin Thicke first explained the current state of their relationship, saying of Paula Patton, “I haven’t seen her for four months.” After making that confession he went on to say, ” We’re cool. She’s the best girl in the world, a great mother and still a good friend, but because we just weren’t ever together anymore and I still had so much I wanted to apologize for and things I wanted to take responsibility for, so that’s pretty much what the album’s about. But I also want to wish her well and let her know that she’s a great person and she deserves to have a good life.”

His new album, ‘Paula,’ is about her, and is a stark contrast to last year’s ‘Blurred Lines’ album and hit single of the same title, which became controversial with some deeming the song misogynistic and disrespectful of a woman’s right to refuse sex.

He said of it, “The album is exactly what happens when you lose the love of your life and you’re trying to figure it out in your head to move on and get through it all.”

A year after ‘Blurred Lines’ Robin Thicke is without his wife and his album’s tracklist is a painful reflection of that absence wtih such songs as ‘Get Her Back,’ ‘Still Madly Crazy’ and ‘Love Can Grow Back.’

He said of the album’s songs, “Sometimes it’s about her and sometimes I’m talking directly to her.”

The couple had been together since meeting at a club in L.A. in their mid-teens. After years of dating they were married in 2005 and have one son together, Julian Fuego, four years old.

He went on to reflect upon the longevity of the relationship, saying, “If you’ve been together that long, you kind of became adults together instead of being adults and then meeting. Maybe a year or two off, we’ll become our own people without each other and then it will be meant to be.”

He continued, saying, “We had an amazing time together, but I just think right now, this is what’s best for our child and for ourselves.”

Robin Thicke also owned up to the mistakes he had made, and said, “I changed, and I got a little too selfish, a little too greedy and little too full of myself. At this point in our relationship, the only reason we’re not together is because of the choices I made…We’re apart because we just couldn’t be together anymore for awhile. There’s a hundred different reasons.”

Alluding to those choices, without spelling out any details — tabloids and social media have been ablaze for months with speculation — he said, “I’m a man. I messed up and I had to lie for a while, and then I stopped lying. That was actually good for me because I was tired of lying. This whole album is me revealing everything.”

As for whether or not his wife had heard her namesake album, Thicke said, “I don’t think she wants to hear it right now. I can’t speak for her, but I think space is an important part of any healing process.”

He went on to speak of the emotional toll of the separation, saying, “”When you lose your family, that’ll slow you down.” He added, “My music is my therapy. When I make these songs and I listen back to them, they make me feel good about myself because at least I’m admitting my faults. I’m trying to become a better man and better person, better father.”

The album ‘Paula’ is off to notably slow sales, as industry publications have pointed out. Robin Thicke also had a VH1-sponsored Twitter Q&A that went epically wrong as people used the opportunity and the hashtag #AskThicke to challenge him on his ‘Blurred Lines’ hit as well as to mock him for his public attempt to reconcile with his wife.

You can see the replay of Robin Thicke’s Hot 97 radio interview below.







Pictures: PR Photos

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/RightCelebrity/~3/GcWKYJRe5Ww/

Aki Ross Alecia Elliott Alessandra Ambrosio Alexis Bledel Ali Campoverdi

No comments:

Post a Comment