Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Nicki Minaj’s BET Awards Acceptance Speech: Says She Almost Died, Criticizes Fellow Rappers

Nicki Minaj has raised many eyebrows with her acceptance speech for Best Female Hip Hop Artist at the BET Awards. She said she thought she was “about to die” the week before and gave a stunning reason for not calling an ambulance. She also seemed to throw shade at fellow female rapper Iggy Azalea.




The 31-year-old rapper took to the stage and gave an unusual acceptance speech for best female hip-hop artist that has gone viral. To say it was atypical is an understatement. Taking to the stage upon the announcement that she was the winner of the award against her contenders, Even, Iggy Azalea, Angel Haze and Charli Baltimore, she did not offer the typical thanks and acknowledgement.

She stunned the audience in saying, “I just want to say that, the other day, literally I didn’t tell anyone this, I really thought I was about to die. Like I was saying my prayers to die.

“And I didn’t even want to call the ambulance because I thought, well, if I call the ambulance, it’s gonna be on TMZ. And I would rather sit there and die… and it made me realize, I don’t care what anybody got to say. I’ma do me, I’ma do me. And I hope and pray that BET continues to honor authenticity. And that’s all I’m gonna say about that.”

She did speach of her own achievement, saying, in part, “My point is, what I want the world to know about Nicki Minaj is, that when you hear Nicki Minaj spit, Nicki Minaj wrote it.”

This drew an uproar from the audience along with many assumptions then and after the fact that she was making reference to one rapper in particular, Australian Iggy Azelea who has one of the No. 1 smash hits of the summer, ‘Fancy.’ But who also is known for not writing her own material.

Nicki Minaj said in response to the audience reaction, “No, no, no shade. No, no, no shade.”

Earlier that evening she had taken to the stage to offer a trippy Alice in Wonderland-like performance of her current hit ‘Pills N Potions.’ You can see the video below.




Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/RightCelebrity/~3/H3TKszY_8e0/

Jennifer Aniston Jennifer Gareis Jennifer Garner Jennifer Gimenez Jennifer Love Hewitt

No comments:

Post a Comment