Wednesday, June 19, 2013

NeYo On Beyoncé's New Album: You're Not Gonna See It Till It's Right!

NeYo is all over the place! Not that we’re complaining!

The talented musician has been working in collaboration with Beyoncé, Jay-Z, and Celine Dion this year, and from the likes of a recent interview, we’re in for some sweet, sweet choons!

On working with Queen Bey herself, NeYo revealed that the Grown Woman's album is not quite ready:

"I'm still putting stuff together for Beyonce's album. They're still trying to figure out what they want that to be, which I'm not mad at. Beyonce's the kind of artist where you're not gonna see it till it's right. And her fans -- they love her so they'll be patient."

As for collaborating with her hubby, NeYo explained that Jay’s music is just as hush hush:

"The thing about Jay is again you don't know until it's done... I went in, I did a session where I laid down a couple hooks but I have no idea what's going to be kept. I heard some of the new stuff. It's amazing. With Jay-Z it's hard not to be amazing."

He then added:

"I'm trying to escape the shackles of a pen and a pad... I've sat in sessions with Jay-Z where he doesn't write anything down. He'll come up with the most incredible triple entendre all in his head -- it's amazing. That was the main thing that attracted me was just trying something new, which could be a new revenue stream in that regard."

What’s more, the star has also been writing away with the infamous Celine:

"I'm still writing for her... I just recently got a call to do some more songs, so I know she's doing some more work."

But despite all the time spent helping other artists, NeYo is focused on his upcoming album! Though still in the early stages, he stated he’s looking forward to exploring new things AND giving back to his core fans:

"I'm really excited about what's happening in R&B right now... I want to see what my place is in the whole thing. That's not to say I'm abandoning the EDM genre. I've gotten so much unimaginable love from that fanbase and that genre. It's really rare that an entire genre of music allows an artist from a different genre to come and live there. By no means am I abandoning that, but I definitely know I need to take care of my core -- the thing that got me here in the first place. I don't feel like I've given it the attention it deserves."

We're expecting big things from this guy! Our ears are totes ready!!

[Image via Danny Clifford/Hottwire.net/Andres Otero/WENN.]

Source: http://perezhilton.com/2013-06-19-neyo-talks-beyonce-jay-z-celine-dion-collaborations-new-music-billboard-magazine

Charisma Carpenter Charli Baltimore Charlies Angels Charlize Theron Chelsea Handler

No comments:

Post a Comment