Saturday, August 16, 2014

Julia Roberts Covers InStyle 20th Anniversary Issue, Talks Self-Acceptance, Fame, Style, Motherhood

Julia Roberts graces the cover of InStyle magazine’s 20th anniversary issue. It marks the sixth time the Hollywood icon has had the honor. She also served as a guest editor and spoke out on a variety of topics in an exclusive interview.




The 46-year-old Oscar-winning actress has been most recently seen in HBO’s ‘The Normal Heart,’ a screen adaptation of Larry Kramer’s iconic stage play. Her career longevity is quite a marvel, as she rose to fame more than 20 years ago in the breakthrough title role of ‘Pretty Women,’ for which many still associate her. Later, in her Oscar-winning title role in ‘Erin Brockovich, she further cemented her place in cinematic history.

This year’s ‘September issue is indeed the 20th anniversary issue of InStyle and, as noted, Julia Roberts is also the guest editor of the 700+ page fall fashion tome and graces the cover in a black-and-white Louis Vuitton dress. The cover had its official unveiling on Snapchat.

In the interview, her self-perception back in 1990s was one of the topics. She said, “I think I’ve always sort of been on the more boyish spectrum of girls. For example, I’ve never been chosen as ‘one of the top-five hottest actresses in a bikini.’”

She went on to say, “And honestly, it’s a godsend. When I was younger, I’d think, ‘Oh, I’m the prettiest one. It’s not Halle Berry. It’s not!’ But it is, you know?”

She also spoke about what it’s like for her now, many years later, facing the typical pressures women in Hollywood face when they reach their 40s and beyond in this society which, sadly, is still youth-obsessed and ageist. She said of her appearance, and of looking her best, “I certainly think about it more now. It used to be a friend could call me at three in the afternoon and say, ‘I have a premiere tonight. Will you come?’ And I’d just take a shower and go,’ she explained, adding, ‘I wore a lot of vintage then.’

She added, ‘I had a navy military jacket and striped leggings I wore all the time. Those were the fun old days. People were less judgmental, less searing in their assessment of what you dare wear to the drugstore.’

She also spoke about home and family life. She and her husband, cinematographer Danny Moder have three children together. Twins who are seven years old, and a ten year old. She said, “I am a 1950s housewife. I have a tendency to get so caught up working inside my home. Almost to a fault, where other things get neglected, and then I end up with a chaotic day, trying to return phone calls and emails and hit deadlines.’

She added, ‘It’s like, between the grocery shopping, the cooking, and cleaning up everything – it’s a lot,’ the screen gem said, before adding modestly: ‘But it’s not anything that millions of other moms don’t do all the time, so there’s nothing great about me doing it.’

More details about the 20th anniversary issue of InStyle along with the cover photo of Julia Roberts can be seen here.







Pictures: PR Photos

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/RightCelebrity/~3/5eW3B1WX-tc/

Ashley Olsen Ashley Scott Ashley Tappin Ashley Tisdale Asia Argento

No comments:

Post a Comment