Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Ariana Grande Covers Billboard Talks ‘Dark and Deranged’ Childhood, Fame and More

Ariana Grande graces the cover of Billboard magazine and gives a provocative interview on a variety of topics including her unusual upbringing which she calls ‘dark and deranged’ as well as how she feels about her new found fame as a pop music star. Get the details and see the behind-the-scenes cover shoot video.




The 20-year-old Ariana Grande is on the verge of releasing her sophomore album just slightly less than a year after her major label debut, further cementing her transition from former Nickelodeon ‘Sam & Cat’ star to recording star who has often been dubbed the next Mariah Carey, thanks to her similarly impressive multi-octave vocal prowess.

With one of the international smash hits of the summer, ‘Problem’ with her guest artist the Australian rapper Iggy Azalea who also has had a breakthrough year, Ariana Grande can now add Billboard cover to the increasingly impressive splash in the music scene.

Given the opportunity she sets the record straight about public perceptions of her, saying, “”I think people see me as a little cutesy thing. But I’m literally the most sardonic person you’ve ever met.”

The Boca Raton, Florida native went on to call herself “a very weird little girl.” Not leaving much to speculation, she opened up about what that meant and added: “Dark and deranged. I always wanted to have skeleton face paint on or be wearing a Freddy Krueger mask, and I would carry a hockey stick around. I was like a mini-Helena Bonham Carter.”

She shared a recollection with the publication: “For my fifth birthday party we had a Jaws theme and all my friends left crying. I mean, I still am that way. But when I was little it was more concerning. There was a stage, when I was 3 or 4, where my mom thought I might grow up to be a serial killer.”

Admittedly, it is difficult to reconcile Ariana Grande’s demure, if not quite squeaky clean image with a mother’s concern about raising a “serial killer.” It’s hard to put the two in the same sentence, but yet, that’s just what she is asking us to do!

But she wasn’t finished yet. She went on to add, ““I am hypoglycemic so sometimes I’ll get anxious if I forget to eat. When I was a little girl, I would turn into the Tasmanian devil.”

Yes, it makes for a lively read. Lively, yes, and many other nuances as well. Ariana Grande recently lost her grandfather to cancer, and the interview was conducted shortly after his death. She had shared the news with fans, and the sad news became a trending topic for hours on Twitter.

She opened up to Billboard about her grief, saying, “”It’s just so fresh and I’m still mourning. I don’t even know what I would say to be able to encompass what an amazing man he was.” Continuing, she said, “I mean, how much time do you have?”

It’s a classic long read and filled with details of her rise to stardom and a must read for fans. Ariana Grande already has a history of provocative print interviews filled with surprising details and she does not disappoint this time around. You can see the full Billboard interview along with the alluring cover photo here. Watch the behind-the-scenes video below.







Pictures: PR Photos

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/RightCelebrity/~3/ej9SjLi-6sU/

Ana Paula Lemes Ananda Lewis Angela Marcello Angelina Jolie Anna Faris

No comments:

Post a Comment