Saturday, June 21, 2014

Tim McGraw Covers Men’s Health Magazine, opens up on Why He Quit Drinking and Drugs

Country music star Tim McGraw graces the cover of Men’s Health Magazine’ and poses shirtless for a photo spread revealing a well-toned torso. He speaks with candor on why he quit drinking and using drugs and how he has gotten into shape, and how much of it had to do with his wife, fellow country music star Faith Hill, and their family.




The 47-year-old Tim McGraw had much to say about the positive changes he has made in recent years that have seen the success of his latest album, Two Lanes of Freedom. The multi-Grammy winner opened up to Men’s Health Magazine just months in advance of the release of his much anticipated album, ‘Sundown Heaven Town’ on which he duets with his wife on ‘Meanwhile Back at Mama’s.’

He explained why he quit the drinking and drugs, saying, “When your wife tells you it’s gone too far, that’s a big wake-up call.” He went on to say, “That, and realizing you’re gonna lose everything you have. Not monetarily, not career-wise, but family-wise.”

He and his wife have three children together and he explained, “It got to the point where my kids were getting older, and it was way past the point that they noticed it. And I noticed that they noticed. That’s enough to straighten you out.”

He revealed how bad, in his view, things had become, saying, “I drank too much. I partied too much. And did other things too much. Chemically. No needles or that kind of stuff, but… use your imagination.”

And he was candid on how it was affecting his life as a performing artist. He spoke of how it all began for him, saying, “”Early in my career—I think I was 19—I was so shy that to even get up onstage in a club, I’d need a few drinks..I remember my mom tellin’ me, ‘Y’know, if you don’t get up there a couple of times without doing that, it’s gonna be a problem.’ ”

He went on to admit, “It becomes a habit. Up until seven years ago, there were not a lot of shows that I didn’t have something in my system.” He also admitted he did not have a clear perspective on his appearance at that time, either. I was looking at some old concert shots the other day. Man, my gut!” I was up there in a see-through shirt – I thought I was lookin’ good!”

But those days are over, he went on to explain to the publication. And as evidenced by the photo spread, he’s not exaggerating. You can see more excerpts from Tim McGraw’s Men’s Health magazine interview and the cover photo as well as the shirtless inside photos, revealing the country music star flexing impressive muscles here.







Pictures: PR Photos

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/RightCelebrity/~3/h17mzRfj67U/

Elisabeth Röhm Elisha Cuthbert Eliza Dushku Emilie de Ravin Emma Heming

No comments:

Post a Comment