Sunday, May 25, 2014

Channing Tatum Says He’s a High-Functioning Alcoholic in GQ Interview

Channing Tatum called himself a “high functioning alcoholic” in a cover story interview for GQ. He opened up on a variety of other topics including an extremely racy bet he made with Jonah Hill and his extreme passion for cake. The eyebrow raising discussion does not have a single dull moment as the ’22 Jump Street’ star confesses his many indulgences.




Yes, if dullness was the objective, the 34-year-old actor has failed miserably. He has drawn much attention for his comments, most notably for what he has to say about his drinking habits.

He tells GQ, “I probably drink too much, you know. My wife [actress Jenna Dewan Tatum], that’s what she bought into.” He reiterated, saying, “I probably drink too much. I’m probably a pretty high-functioning, I guess, you know, I would say, alcoholic.”

He went on to say, “There’s probably a tendency to escape. I equate it to creativity, and I definitely equate it to having a good time.”

He admitted that he has cut back and will abstain from alcohol during the filming of the ‘Magic Mike’ sequel.

As we have witnessed the devastation of alcoholism in the entertainment world and the world at large — and perhaps we ourselves may have had our lives in some way impacted by alcoholism, it’s thus a challenge to know just how to to react to what he has to say. Perhaps a “clarification” is on its way.

He did speak of how he was drinking when he and Jonah Hill, made a salacious bet which he has now revealed to the world. It was Hill whom he said predicted that ’22 Jump Street’ would have a $35 million opening weekend at the box office. He told GQ that Hill said, “I will kiss your tip! I will kiss the tip of your d–k through your underwear if we make $35 million.”

For his part, GQ quotes Hill as saying, “I will only say that Channing and I say a lot of stupid stuff when we drink together.”

Tatum said, “I haven’t made him do it yet for obvious reasons. That’s a bad bet to lose — it’s not too good to win, either. But definitely the shame of it would be enjoyable.”

Not letting the subject go just yet (!) he went on to add, “It’s my trump card, for sure. He tries not to bring it up at all costs. Unless he did something horrible to me, I don’t know if I could ever cash it in. It would change our relationship forever.”

Reflecting, he added, “It’s a lose-lose for both parties, I feel. I’d have to clear it with Jenna… There’s all sorts of loopholes that have to be taken into consideration.”

“Maybe, on a drunk night when we’re all being crazy and hopefully, knock on wood, Jump Street 2 works out and people love it, maybe out of the elation of that event in our lives I might call in the bet. Or I might make him double or nothing.”

Leaving the subject of the uncollected bet, Channing Tatum went on to speak of his fondness for for indulgent food in general and cake in particular, and prefaced the discussion by saying “The Biggest Loser” is his favorite television show. He said, “I really do love it. It’s terrible and it’s bad, but I really do think it’s because I have an inner fat kid in me. If I didn’t enjoy sports so much.”

‘The Gambit star continued, saying, “My dad was 370 pounds at one point. I definitely have that. I can completely lose myself into just absolutely satisfying things—a really amazing cheeseburger, a pizza, good fries, a beer. I enjoy being comfortable and eating whatever the hell I like. It’s a big thing for me, just having the freedom to be able to do that.”

And then there is cake, which he put into a category unto itself. He said, “I just love cake..Confetti cake, to be specific. It has little colored candies inside the cake, and then you get the confetti icing, which is really hard to find sometimes.”

He continued, “It’s really hard to explain to people, because it’s not icing with sprinkles on top. It’s icing that actually has candies inside of it. It’s Funfetti icing.”

The full interview conducted by Chris Heath and photos by Sebastian Kim can be seen here. Don’t think all of the spicy quotes are above; a full-read of Channing Tatum’s interview yields many more eyebrow-raising moments!

The behind-the-scenes video is below.







Pictures: PR Photos

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/RightCelebrity/~3/mnOIwgXnZho/

Ashley Tappin Ashley Tisdale Asia Argento Aubrey ODay Audrina Patridge

No comments:

Post a Comment