Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Lea Michele: Glamour UK Cover Story Interview on Life without Cory Monteith

‘Glee’ star Lea Michele opened up in a cover story interview with Glamour UK about her life in the aftermath of the death of Cory Monteith her boyfriend and fellow ‘Glee’ star, and reveals plans they had made for their future as a couple.




The 27-year-old actress and singer has been notably candid about the tragic death of Cory Monteith who died alone in a hotel room in Vancouver in July 2013 of a toxic mixture of heroin and alcohol. As the months have passed since his death, and she has been moving on with her life with a debut album, ‘Louder,’ and its notable tribute songs to her late partner, she has continued to speak out about her grieving process.

In the new interview with Glamour UK, she said of his death, “I immediately started to try and process everything. I didn’t drown myself in anything toxic.”

She went on to say, “At the start, it’s hard because you’re so physically and mentally shocked and damaged, but after a while you get tired of physically feeling so horrendous, so I started doing yoga, which really helped. Then gradually your mind catches up with your body….”

She added, “You don’t know how strong you are until you have to be. I lost my grandfather a couple of years ago and I always feel that he’s watching over me. I feel the exact same way about Cory. Every day when I go running, I feel like he’s pushing me to run harder.”

When Cory Monteith was still alive, the two of them were never engaged, and had not spoken publicly about their future plans. From what can now only be the sad perspective of what could have been, Lea Michele spoke of what they had envisioned: “We talked about a lot of things. We talked about children and what we would look like when we grew old and who would be fat and how we would stay thin. We talked about where we wanted to go and what we wanted to do. We were done. We were it. When you’re at that place in your life with someone, you talk about everything. But today I feel like I was given the best part of Cory and I’m thankful for that.”

Lea Michele also broached the subject of moving on and finding love again. She noted that she has only had “serious relationships” in the past. She said, “I was under a Cory Monteith spell…it’ll take time to readjust my mind and I’m really not wanting to do that right now.” She added, “But people have to understand that I can’t be alone forever. Cory wouldn’t want that.”

More of Lea Michele’s Glamour UK interview along with the cover photo and inside photos can be seen ingle cover art on Instagram here.

As the months have gone by, and we have seen Lea Michele more and more, as she has continued to promote her new album full force, as any music artist would, yet all the while with the undercurrent of her own grieving process which has, of necessity been played out publicly, both in her interviews, as well as in songs such as her Sia Fuller-penned ‘Cannonball,’ her debut single with its empowering words, “I got this new beginning and I will fly / I’ll fly like a cannonball.” And from what we can see, Lea Michele is living those words.







Pictures: PR Photos

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/RightCelebrity/~3/oZ4pVZAF84E/

Ciara Cindy Crawford Cindy Taylor Cinthia Moura Claudette Ortiz

No comments:

Post a Comment