Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Mark Wahlberg Was Almost Captain Kirk's Father In 'Star Trek'

Wahlberg

As you know, J.J. Abrams' "Star Trek" reboot dealt with alternate timelines within the fictional universe, but did you know that the movie itself had an alternate timeline, one where Mark Wahlberg starred as George Kirk, father of James T.?

When the actor spoke with Total Film recently about his latest film "Broken City," he revealed that Abrams had offered him the role, but Wahlberg ultimately turned it down because he couldn't understand the dialogue in the script.

"I remember him asking me to play Captain Kirk's father in 'Star Trek,' Wahlberg said. "I tried to read the script and I didn't understand the words of the dialogue or anything. I said, 'I couldn't do this. I think you're really talented, but I couldn't do it.' "

Wahlberg changed his tune, however, once he saw the film. "Then I saw the movie, and I said, 'Holy sh--, he did a great job,' so I think he'll do something spectacular," he said. "I probably wouldn't pass up an opportunity to work with J.J. again. If he wanted me to do something I couldn't fully understand, I would probably give it a shot."

But how different would "Star Trek" have been if Wahlberg starred as George Kirk? A few ideas:

» No way that guy dies in the opening. Wahlberg doesn't die.

» The movie is actually about George and James T. getting stuck together in a buddy cop scenario. Dad has to teach the young punk a thing or two.

» There's at least one basketball scene.

Would you have liked to see Wahlberg in "Star Trek"? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below and on Twitter!

Source: http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2013/02/26/mark-wahlberg-star-trek/

Aki Ross Alecia Elliott Alessandra Ambrosio Alexis Bledel Ali Campoverdi

No comments:

Post a Comment